LOCAL TALK< back to topic list >
Red Lion Inn 1704 Cohassett, MA
Does anyone have any more recent reviews regarding the Red Lion Inn? We would love to have our wedding there based on our initial discussions with their team and upon seeing the facility. However, after reading most of the reviews we are definitely a bit scared. It does seem like they have a great coordinator in place now and I was just hoping for some more recent information on any recent weddings there.
Posted in Cohasset, MA, USA
Written on Jun. 05, 2009
I just booked my wedding at the Red Lion Inn for July of 2010. After reading the reviews online I have to admit I am scared about the management and the coordination efforts. I absolutely love the facility and was really impressed, but apparently other brides fell for the same thing. Are there any recent brides who have worked with Denise their newest wedding coordinator? I am reserved for a day wedding there (12pm-5pm) and then will reserve the jazz club for a few hours after the reception. Since I am booked and have put my deposit down what advice do you have for me? I don't think I can afford a wedding coordinator on top of the other costs.
If you find out any information on the good, the bad and the ugly can you please post it on this sight? I'm still extremely curious and just want to make sure we're prepared for our Aug 2010 wedding!
We are scheduled for August 2010 and have a lot of the same concerns. Denice seems really nice but it took me a long time to decide to sign that contract! Please share any information you receive as definitely want to be prepared for everything!
I definitely will. I just wrote her an email to find out these details.
We are also having our wedding at the Red Lion Inn in August 2010. I would also love to hear any feedback you hear!
The air conditioning system is not adequate for the hall. Our wedding was in August and it was so hot, some of the guests left, others couldn't eat most of the guests stayed outside. There are 3 ceiling fans but only 2 work. We had concerns over the air conditioning and was told it was fixed, but it was not. We were told the morning of the wedding and they did not bring in fans or portable air conditioners. I don't know how they can fix it unless they put in a new system. Ask them to put on the air conditioning on high on a hot day.
I just wanted share my experience with you as I feel it will only make your wedding day that much better. Please note that I was the GROOM not a guest!
Let me start off by giving you some advice, stay away! I know it looks great and has the WOW factor but in the end it was a debacle.
I could write a novel about this place and title it "How not to run a wedding". The wedding coordinator (WC) never got back to us about anything. The communication between the WC and her staff was, well there was none! Here are a few key things that I found wrong with this place:
1. Ten days before the wedding they told us that we didn't meet their food and beverage requirements and said we needed to spend around $5,000 more. Yes 10 days before the wedding they tell us that!
2. In our contract we had the rights to use "The Cave", a small night club that holds 65 people. They also said we would have a bar tender to serve us. Well, in the middle of our wedding the WC decided to tell me that The Cave had water damage! Are you kidding me, she came up to me on the dance floor to tell me this. Remind you I am the GROOM! To top it off the bartender called in sick....weird!
3. Food Afterwards: I mentioned before that we need to spend $5,000, so we decided to allocate $600 of those funds for food after the reception. We decided to have sliders and pizza as our late night snack, instead we got pita chips and salsa!
4. The main course was not even right! YES the main course! We didn't even get the right F*****g meal! How do you F*** something like that up! I hate prime rib but I do like grilled sirloin, which is what we had at our tasting!
5. The Service: The staff was not asking our guests what they ordered they told them. For example right in front of me, at the head table, my brother-in-law had an argument with the staff about what he ordered, which was beef. He ended up eating chicken because that is what they said he ordered. So embarrassing for this to happen right in front of me!
There is more but I am sure you get the point by now.
Even though the place may sell itself, please keep in mind, that the place does not conduct the day-to-day activities that make for a great wedding! I hope you know that we got back from our honeymoon last night at 7:00 PM, I would have wrote this sooner but I didn't have internet on our cruise!
I hope your wedding goes better than ours!
Good luck and be blessed,
There are major problems with this Inn, the staff keeps changing and no one knows what is going on. We are still waiting for the check (no air conditioning), it has been in the mail for 2 weeks. Please don't have your wedding here, you will regret it.