Our wedding in Kleinburg was beautiful albeit there were a few glitches.
For the price we paid I am not unhappy with the venue but if you are a detailed person and want things a very specific way it may not be the place for you. I had all sorts of charts and spreadsheets ready for the coordinator and although she says she is ready to do your wedding be wary. She isn't as organized as she says and she can rush you along. Luckily for me my husband was able to come to every meeting so that we could tag team, I would recommend that every bride bring someone to deal with these people in general. They try to squeeze as much money out of you as possible.
We honestly didn't think to much about the little glitches during the wedding as we were having such a great time.
They did wonderful job on the flowers and they were very creative with their creations. They were able to understand what I wanted from photographs I brought. However, three days before the wedding, they called me to say that I owed them $100 more. I had already paid in advance. I suspect this is because I did not tip her but in retrospect I'm not sure why I had to pay for all of it up front to begin with! I can't recommend them unfortunately as although they were reasonable priced and the flowers were beautiful, the fact that they were trying to get more money out of me 3 days before my wedding when I had other things to think about it would be a no go for me. I would have likely dropped off a tip for her AFTER the wedding. But perhaps this is what you get for getting things cheap in the wedding industry.
I had also asked her to label the flowers with names but she said that wasn't how she worked. The day of the wedding, my family had no idea who's was who's. We had to figure it out by my memory of my meeting with the florist. sigh... these are small comparatively.
We had a lovely day and the Doctor's House was accommodating when we need a place to change for our Korean Tea Ceremony.
There were a few things that didn't go too smoothly that day (which for the most part things got sorted out because of my amazing cousin and brother)
1. We had our ceremony in the chapel and the candles in the chapel were not lit until 5 minutes before guests were to arrive.
2. The AC in the chapel was obviously not turned on for the ceremony until half hour before guests were arriving. It's a big space to cool down...it was a little hot for my husband for the entire thing.
3. I had dropped off a seating plan with detailed instructions on where people were sitting and it was no where to be found the day of the wedding. (make sure to bring back ups with you where ever you decide to hold your wedding) This caused some panic and luckily I had brought an extra copy of it with me.
4. Even though we indicated that we needed specific people to have fish on our chart they weren't all served fish because the kitchen said that they had run out of fish!? And we had indicated there were only 2 kids plates but needed 5 highchairs and they made 7 kids meals...well I guess that could have been read incorrectly....
5.Lastly, I didn't really like the fact that they wanted the entire payment upfront before the wedding.
6. The venue charged us a "hook up" fee so our DJ we hired could attach his equipement to the speakers there and they wouldn't allow him to bring his own speakers. We were told of the hook up fee after we had hired our own DJ. They want you to go with their connections (cake, DJ, decorations, flowers) none of which we did because we didn't like their style.
I would rate this vendor overall as 3/4 only because they were not up front about hidden fees but they do make it easy for you if you aren't a fussy bride as everything is rolled into one price for the dinner, bar, taxes and gratuity.
But overall they did go out of their way to fix the issues when we brought them up.
Click on each tool to see a sample.