We had a FANTASTIC wedding! We got married on July 26 at UBC. (Bonus: we got married on a Monday, so we were able to negotiate with our vendors on prices).
People say that the bride can get stressed out and the whole day can be crazy. However, since we had amazing people, from the decorator to catering company, it made the day go by without a hitch. Our decorator took care of everything, so by the time we got to the venue, Cecil Green Park House, we didn't have to do any work. The catering company was so "on it" and organized - what a relief! The advice we had from our photographer, decorator, hair/makeup stylist, and caterer was so helpful that during the week before the wedding, we were calm and relaxed.
We had tons of guest from out of town (about 3/4 of our guest), and this site was very helpful. A bonus was that the weather was perfect...which is usually a 50/50 chance in BC! We had various wedding festivities 4 days before the wedding, such as a meet 'n greet BBQ, informal dinners and the rehearsal dinner. These festivities had everyone to mingle, so by the time they saw each other at the wedding, they already formed relationships...which made for a GREAT wedding! We're still talking about our wedding, even though it was a month ago :)
Right from the beginning, I was impressed with Erin. Everything from her website, emails and blog were exceptional. She is very professional, personable and is a total blast to be around. Some people think her prices maybe on the higher side, but I'd rather have someone who is VERY experienced and who I am comfortable around. And the bonus is that I loooooove her photos! I was, and still am, looking at her website and blog! My husband and I highly recommend her...and we'll definitely be using her again :)
Jeanette from De*Lovely Creative was awesome!! She was so fun to work with and had great ideas from the flowers to decorations. Her experience and knowledge was such an asset when we were planning our wedding. She had stunning ideas and we had SO MANY compliments on all the decorations, bouquets and flowers.
My bridesmaids and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jayna! She was tons of fun on our wedding day and made us all look gorgeous! The day of the wedding she came to our place and made all 3 of us look great. We all had a fun and relaxing time, something I wanted from my hair and makeup person.
When I met her for my consultation (which she was great to recommend to do before an event, such as our rehearsal dinner), I felt comfortable with her immediately. Since I live overseas, we corresponded mainly through email. Jayna always answered immediately and was very professional.
For the consultation, I thought I looked great (she did my hair and makeup). But, on the actual wedding day, I couldn't believe how great she made me look! I had tons of compliments on both my consultation and wedding day. I knew what I wanted and she was able to translate all my needs and wants perfectly.
I HIGHLY recommend Jayna to anyone!
We had our wedding at Cecil Green Park House on the University of BC. We cannot express how pleased we were with the venue and service! We have tons of thoughts to put down, so here they are in brief bullet points:
- Perfect for a small wedding (we had total of 67 guests). They suggested we could have up to 100 people, but I would not recommend that.
- Wescadia Catering is the only catering company allowed to work at Cecil Green. This may be a turn off for some, but we loved them! Rob Eye was absolutely fantastic - VERY organized, highly reliable and the food was great. We loved the selection. Only downfall: they didn't come through with all the cupcakes, but in the end, it didn't matter at all.
- The location, view and venue were STUNNING! The guests, both out of town and local, found the place breath taking.
- The location is great for picture taking - many gardens and beaches nearby, not to mention the house and grounds itself!
- Another bonus: we had our ceremony outside and the reception in the Yorkeen Dining Room. We danced in the other room (forgot the name). BONUS: they have plan A, B and C for weddings - outdoors, covered outdoors and indoors. GREAT ideas considering BC's weather.
- Downfall: you have to pay for parking. It was annoying for some guests.
Overall, we loved having our wedding at Cecil Green Park House!
We had a few family members stay here and they were NOT impressed. The location was great, but they had a FEW problems with their rooms (smoke smelling in non-smoking rooms). They were quite disappointed in this hotel, considering it was the Four Seasons.
I LOVE this hotel! It was so pretty and elegant. When we got to the hotel, they were nice enough to upgrade us to a junior suite and it was amazing!! Downfall: You have to pay internet - I hate that!
Click on each tool to see a sample.