We had our wedding at Cecil Green Park House on the University of BC. We cannot express how pleased we were with the venue and service! We have tons of thoughts to put down, so here they are in brief bullet points:
- Perfect for a small wedding (we had total of 67 guests). They suggested we could have up to 100 people, but I would not recommend that.
- Wescadia Catering is the only catering company allowed to work at Cecil Green. This may be a turn off for some, but we loved them! Rob Eye was absolutely fantastic - VERY organized, highly reliable and the food was great. We loved the selection. Only downfall: they didn't come through with all the cupcakes, but in the end, it didn't matter at all.
- The location, view and venue were STUNNING! The guests, both out of town and local, found the place breath taking.
- The location is great for picture taking - many gardens and beaches nearby, not to mention the house and grounds itself!
- Another bonus: we had our ceremony outside and the reception in the Yorkeen Dining Room. We danced in the other room (forgot the name). BONUS: they have plan A, B and C for weddings - outdoors, covered outdoors and indoors. GREAT ideas considering BC's weather.
- Downfall: you have to pay for parking. It was annoying for some guests.
Overall, we loved having our wedding at Cecil Green Park House!
Click on each tool to see a sample.